Welcome to the E. coli Long-term Experimental Evolution Project Site
This site is intended to serve three main functions:
- To communicate findings and implications from our research with the public and other scientists.
- To share information among the group of researchers who are studying the long-term experimental populations of E. coli, and the various other lines derived from them.
- To provide an archive for information obtained from this work, including key published and some unpublished data.
This site has the following components:
- Overview of the long-term experiment.
- Strain catalogs for the long-term experiment and other experiments derived from it.
- Summary data from the long-term evolution experiment including relative fitness, cell size, colony morphology (photographic), and molecular genetics.
- Genomics data including genome sequences of ancestral and evolved strains.
- Standard protocols as well as media recipes and molecular tools.
- Publication list including links to published abstracts (and some pdf files).
When referencing information from this site, please cite the original publication (when listed) or this web page (otherwise):
Lenski, R. E. (year). The E. coli long-term experimental evolution project site. http://myxo.css.msu.edu/ecoli
This site is supported by U.S. National Science Foundation grant DEB-0515729.